Friday, May 20, 2011

It's a ......

Rango!  Yup, so I caved and called the doctor Monday to see if I could come in between then and next Friday for a quick scan.  After checking with my doctor, they made an appointment for Thursday at 2:30.  At that time I would have my normal anatomy scan, and whatever couldn't be measured we would keep the appointment for next week.
So Thursday (yesterday) came, and it couldn't have come fast enough.  I was, as usual, a ball of nerves.  The heartbeat on the doppler had changed--it sounded more hollow than it had been.  I was sure something was going wrong.  But we showed up in the midst of several severe thunderstorms (the hospital even lost power and went on generator backup while we were getting scanned).
45 minutes later we were told the baby looks perfect!  A little squirmy, and was being difficult most of the time.  But we got to watch Rango for a full 45 minutes, and it was great.  The poor kid really does hate dopplers/ ultrasounds!  But in the end, there are 10 fingers, 10 toes, 4 working chambers of the heart, a brain, bladder, stomach, legs and arms.  We have to go back on June 9th just to get some additional measurements for the face and heart because it was too early to get them this time.  So for now, I am breathing a bit easier.  I will go tomorrow and get some summer clothes and bathing suits.  We will begin to tell the rest of the family and friends.  We will enjoy the pregnancy and time we have, knowing that right now, at almost 19 weeks, our baby is healthy and growing!
I will post the ultrasound pics as soon as I am motivated to scan them in--I am exhausted!  We were able to get a 3D shot of the baby, which is amazing!  And while we had to wait 5 minutes for Rango to turn, it was worth it!
Oh, and I guess the other news you might be waiting for....

its another boy :-)  So maybe Robbie wasn't done cooking after all and needed more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment